Membership

Last Forum Posts
TopicAuthorPostedReplies
User Comment ImageView in Descending OrderApp: Viconìà by Viconìà52 days ago0 Replies
User Comment ImageView in Descending OrderApp: Youngcon by Youngcon69 days ago0 Replies
User Comment ImageView in Descending OrderApp: bipolarbear143 by bipolarbear143104 days ago0 Replies
User Comment ImageView in Descending OrderApp: yarrghh by yarrghh105 days ago0 Replies
User Comment ImageView in Descending OrderApp: bigspookguy by Witness of Thrall121 days ago1 Replies
Last Forum Post RSS Feed

View previous topic :: View next topic  
thefiddle

re: App: thefiddle

The application submitted by thefiddle is as follows:

Quote:
World of Warcraft Armory Link:
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/detheroc/Drfiddle/simple

What is your Battle.net Battletag?:
Thefiddle#1183

Real Life Gender?:
Male

Can you make ALL our raid times? Tuesday, Wednesday & Thursday 9:00pm-12:00am EST:
Yes

Location/ Timezone::
Philadelphia/Eastern

Class? :
Warlock

Current specialization? Do you have a strong off-spec you are willing to play?:
Affliction. Yes, I will play destro / demo on fights they are good

Current Server & Faction?:
Detheroc/ horde

Tell us a little about yourself.:
I am a math PhD. Currently working in philly. Other than WoW, I play some overwatch, league of legends and ping pong (competitively).

Do you have a stable internet connection/computer? How many frames per second do you get in a raid setting?:
Yes. 120 FPS. I have no problem with my computer specs.

Are you raid ready? (All gear enchanted, gemmed, max professions?) Explain::
Yes.

Explain how you prepare for raids. What sites, tools, macros & addons do you use and why? Are you currently using the most up to day version of DBM or BigWigs? Why/Why Not?:
I always run DBM or BigWigs (depending on what is being used by the guild). Before the raid, say a typical progression raid, I will use simcraft and logs of comparative kills of the boss at hand to understand what is being done by players who play the same class and spec as I do. I will use simcraft to understand the discrepancies between 'ideal' and real dps. I will then set up macros and UI elements (like weak auras) to help overcome these pitfalls. I will also use YouTube to see some general 'tricks of the trade.' For example, on an add-swap fight i may use "/tar Add /cast agony" macro. DBM and weak auras can be used to set up warnings for raid mechanics. To summerize:

Youtube/Simcraft/Logs: to prep
DBM/WeakAuras/macros: to optimize performance

List some of your raiding experiences. Why are you interested in raiding?:
I do not have any mythic raiding experience in this tier yet. I do, however have an extensive raiding history in wrath through MoP

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/stormreaver/Thefiddle/simple
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/doomhammer/Lefiddle/simple

They are summarized here: Raiding experience:
On average, progression was at the US 10th – 20th level (with the exception of ToTC and Ulduar).

Ulduar 25m 12/12H Yogg-Saron at 1 light, Algalon, <End Guys> - Thefiddle. Blood/frost/unholy Tank DK
ToTC 25m 5/5H, 25 man insanity. <SRN>-Thefiddle. Blood/frost Tank, unholy DPS DK / Lefiddle Protection Warrior
ICC 25m 13/13H (15% buff lich king. <Tupan Techno>, Thefiddle Blood Tank DK
Ruby Sanctum 25m 1/1H. <Tupan Techno>, Thefiddle Blood Tank DK
Blackwing Descent 25m 6/6H.<Tupan Techno>, Thefiddle Blood Tank DK
The Bastion of Twilight 25m. 5/5H <Tupan Techno>, Thefiddle Blood Tank DK
Throne of the Four winds 25m 2/2H <Tupan Techno>, <Drow>, Thefiddle Blood tank/ Unholy DPS DK
Firelands 25m 7/7 H <Drow>, Thefiddle frost dps / blood tank DK iFiddle, Protection Paladin
Dragon Soul 25m 8/8H <Drow>, Thefiddle, Blood tank/ frost DPS DK
Mogu’shan Vaults, 25m 6/6H <Drow>, Thefiddle Blood tank DK, Lefiddle Protection Warrior
Heart of Fear 25m, 6/6H <Drow>, Thefiddle Blood tank DK, Lefiddle Protection Warrior
Terrace of Endless Spring 25m 4/4H, <Drow>, Thefiddle Blood tank DK, Lefiddle Protection Warrior

Tell us a little about your previous raiding guilds and why you left/are leaving.:
<Tupan Techno>: I was recruited to replace their main tank (he was going to quit). I raided with them on progression Lich King and the first part of Cataclysm. We did really well, securing many roughly US 20 kills. The guild stopped raiding around midway through first tier in Cata. This was due to attrition. I left the guild to find another raiding environment.

<drow>: I joined this guild after Tupan techno. I raided with them through first tier in MoP. We did well getting many US 10-20 kills. I played blood dk / dps dk, prot warrior and prot pally (only 1 fight). I also was an officer in this guild for a while. I stopped raiding due to RL pressures, namely health and demands of my graduate program.

Why do you want to join Unrivaled?:
I am looking for a competitive and rigorous raiding environment. I am a dedicated and intelligent player who enjoys min-maxing and trying to improve (its a part of what i find enjoyable about the game). I want to raid as it allows me to push my skills to the limit. I believe I can contribute meaningfully to Unrivaled's raiding group, adding diversity and theory crating.

Our roster is full of solid players who know their class. We like to keep a bit of depth to our ranks so there may be times that we need you to sit, for any reason. Do you have a problem sitting?: :
Absoulty not.

Please post a link to up to date combat logs. Warcraftlogs.com is your best source for uploading combat logs. This lets us get accurate information on how you play your class.:
https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/ALBXJ83ptVCg7xTz

Have you read our applicants post? Do you agree with our rules involving ranks and loot?:
Yes

Application Availability Info:
Sunday -> Always
Monday -> Always
Tuesday -> Always
Wednesday -> Always
Thursday -> Always
Friday -> Always
Saturday -> Always
Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Unrivaled Forum Index -> Applications All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: