Membership

Last Forum Posts
TopicAuthorPostedReplies
User Comment ImageView in Descending OrderApp: Ninez89 by Ninez8915 days ago0 Replies
User Comment ImageView in Descending OrderApp: Oraem by Oraem23 days ago0 Replies
User Comment ImageView in Descending OrderApp: Zestyn by Zestyn35 days ago0 Replies
User Comment ImageView in Descending OrderApp: Viconìà by Viconìà111 days ago0 Replies
User Comment ImageView in Descending OrderApp: Youngcon by Youngcon128 days ago0 Replies
Last Forum Post RSS Feed

View previous topic :: View next topic  
iron1155

re: App: iron1155

The application submitted by iron1155 is as follows:

Quote:
World of Warcraft Armory Link:
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/thrall/Ironblast/advanced

What is your Battle.net Battletag?:
iron#1155

Real Life Gender?:
Male

Can you make ALL our raid times? Tuesday, Wednesday & Thursday 9:00pm-12:00am EST:
Yes. Typically I will always be able to make the raid schedulet. The only stipulation is that I travel about 4 times a year for work and will not be able to raid while out of town (work trips are only 1 week long). All of my work trips are planned at least a month in advance and I will be able to give notice to guild. My next upcoming trip is 1/15 - 1/21 which falls inconveniently on the week H Nighthold is supposed to come out. I will be back and ready to go for the first week of M Nighthold when it launches the week after.

Location/ Timezone::
West Coast (PST)

Class? :
Shaman

Current specialization? Do you have a strong off-spec you are willing to play?:
MS Elemental/OS Resto (both weapon level at 35). I have raided in both specs and am very comfortable/knowledgeable in both. Happy to play whichever the raid team needs more.

Current Server & Faction?:
US-Thrall (Horde)

Tell us a little about yourself.:
I currently work in the travel industry as a finance account manager. This does end up taking me out of town on occasion for work, but always with advanced notice. Outside of wow, I am an avid cyclist in my spare time. I don't compete in centuries or anything fancy, just like to ride for exercise. Play pick up games for basketball and enjoy hiking on the weekends, skiing in the winter. I am a typical tv fanatic and binge watch anything from House of Cards to cartoons like Rick and Morty.

Do you have a stable internet connection/computer? How many frames per second do you get in a raid setting?:
Yes. About 50 fps in 20 man raids.

Are you raid ready? (All gear enchanted, gemmed, max professions?) Explain::
The only thing I am currently missing is I have a 150 ring enchant instead of the 200 crit on one of my rings. The only reason being the ring is 855 and I thought I would have changed it out by now. Easy fix to have everything enchanted before first raid.

Explain how you prepare for raids. What sites, tools, macros & addons do you use and why? Are you currently using the most up to day version of DBM or BigWigs? Why/Why Not?:
Addons:
Bartender
Shadow Unit Frames (Raid Frames)
Weak Auras
DBM
Skada (Meters)

Prepping my class: typically use multiple sites for min/maxing my character for raid. I do not believe there is 1 ultimate source so I try to crowd source my info. Chain heal/storm earth and lava, wow sub reddit, icy veins, mmo champion.

Prepping for raid: make sure to read through all mechanics and how they affect tanks, melee, ranged, and healers. Minimum watch the short and sweet fatboss vid to see what the individual major mechs look like. review full length in depth vids to see the entire fight and how the mechs play out in relation to one another.

List some of your raiding experiences. Why are you interested in raiding?:
Started playing wow in BC. Raided for about 2 months at the very end of that xpac as it was brand new to me and I didn't even know end game raiding existed. Joined an unranked raiding guild before Wrath launched and raided as Guardian Druid for my guild to begin. Between Wrath and Cata, raided as Bear, Spriest, Hpriest, Elesham, Rsham, and Mage. Most raid time spent on 1st Bear, 2nd Ele sham, 3rd Hpriest. Although I was with the same guild for that whole time, switched roles often because of two reasons. Had the alts, and also because the guild needed different roles at different times. I was always happy to switch based on raid need, even if it meant changing my main. I am the type of player that is looking for the progression and happy to make accommodations for the guild when necessary. Have raided with guilds that have 9, 12, and 16 hour raid weeks.

In regards to progression: Everyone knows there is going to be nights where you literally spend 3-4 hours just wiping on a boss. It is a part of progression and nothing to get discouraged about. I love being at the low end or middle of the pack because I enjoy the feeling of working hard and climbing the ranks due to effort spent. The same holds true for wiping on progression. When a team can't down a boss, it just means that more work needs to be put in and we have things to shoot for, things to work towards accomplishing. This to me means the game is challenging and requires finite coordination between players in raid as well as strategy and skill. This is why I love the game in a nutshell.

Tell us a little about your previous raiding guilds and why you left/are leaving.:
Although my current guild is filled with talented players, most raiders only log in for raid nights exclusively and do not spend any time playing with one another on off nights. My current guild also has the tendency to waste a lot of time in raids in between pulls as they have a 'we'll get to it when we get to it' mentality. Looking for a guild that is a bit more professional and deliberate about mythic raiding.

Why do you want to join Unrivaled?:
This line in your recruitment page is what really drew me to your guild.

"We don't believe in a toxic or drama filled raid environment. If you come here, expect constructive criticism without any name calling or yelling."

I am always looking to better myself and be the best at my class/spec. Always looking for constructive criticism on how I can be better and how I can excel. Your guild sounded like it had very knowledgeable and skilled players being able to progress so far with only a 9 hour week. I am excited about the efficiency and focus for raids.

Our roster is full of solid players who know their class. We like to keep a bit of depth to our ranks so there may be times that we need you to sit, for any reason. Do you have a problem sitting?: :
Not a problem at all. It would be weird for a top end raiding guild to not have a bench and rely on exactly 20 people logging on for raid.

Please post a link to up to date combat logs. Warcraftlogs.com is your best source for uploading combat logs. This lets us get accurate information on how you play your class.:
I apologize. I can not seem to access warcraftlogs.com and I do not have personal logs. (website is saying my bnet email does not exist)

Have you read our applicants post? Do you agree with our rules involving ranks and loot?:
Yes

Application Availability Info:
Sunday -> Always
Monday -> Always
Tuesday -> Always
Wednesday -> Always
Thursday -> Always
Friday -> Always
Saturday -> Always
Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Unrivaled Forum Index -> Applications All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: